Search for content in message boards

James A. Hughes (Huse) and Indiana Missouri Forsythe

Replies: 4

Re: James A. Hughes (Huse) and Indiana Missouri Forsythe

Posted: 7 Jun 2012 6:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
No problem. Glad you figured some things out. I'll keep an eye open for the Huse/Hughs/Hughes as I'm researching. I have a Powell ancestor, Polly Powell, but much, much earlier than 1908. My cousin Denise Powell Wages, though, probably has Powells from that time period. I'll have to see if Zacariah was related, just out of curiosity.

One of my great uncles spent about 30+ years at the state hospital in Bolivar, from about 1938 until about 1975. He was luckier than most, I suppose. He was bipolar, so when they discovered lithium about 1958, he was able to take it and get better. I remember visiting him there as a child. Seemed creepy back then, but now I appreciate the Gothic Revival architecture of the main building. My cousin's wife was working there--it's now a place for troubled teens, I think--not sure if she's still there. She told me that it might be possible to get a person's social record, that they did have some old records still there. I don't know what it might tell you, but can't hurt to ask, I suppose. I may try to get my great uncle's at some point. Though, since I have a psychologist, I might be able to get the medical records as well.

If you need anything from McNairy County, let me know. I'm here :-)

Ta,
Shari
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mikemoore7185... 21 Dec 2011 8:44PM GMT 
sdmoore375 18 Feb 2012 2:42AM GMT 
sdmoore375 18 Feb 2012 3:16AM GMT 
mikemoore7185... 7 Jun 2012 7:58PM GMT 
sdmoore375 8 Jun 2012 12:23AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions