Search for content in message boards

Rains Family

Replies: 2

Re: Rains Family

Posted: 20 Sep 2012 5:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, just browsing and you mentioned my great grandfather Osco who settled here in Port Angeles Wa. He had several children one named George Rains who is my deceased granfather and my living father is also George Rains Jr. the way I understand it is that Martha had several marriages for various reasons and ended up with a Whitehead or whited. I am not sure if we ever figured out who's child Osco was for certain. Was Martha full Cherokee or was Whited or did woodruff just raise him. My grandfather which is Oscos son told me when I asked about the native heritage and what tribe he said, "Kentucky plains indian" pretty vague. My family has done quite a bit of research and you may have been in contact with them already..there is quite a few of us here, some closer than others. My question is what is the story of Osco and Martha? Where does the native come in. Osco, on his deathbed looked full blood more than half. So confused, martha was a rains and Osco took her name rains,but was he born to her? I read on someone elses comments that Martha was full blood cherokee,,,also read that Whited or Whitehead was an indian name for an eagle. anyway , Just thought I would make a connection. thanks and have a great day.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MELANIE27 18 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
vanessa 8 Sep 2001 11:42PM GMT 
mrains369 20 Sep 2012 11:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic