Search for content in message boards

John Wood Quit claim deed

Replies: 1

John Wood Quit claim deed

Posted: 13 May 2012 2:17PM GMT
Classification: Deed
Surnames: Wood, Mock, Wilson
Don't know which John Wood this was - no marriage found to an Agnes Wilson, but maybe will help someone.
Pam Smith
Dallas, OR

Pg 325 Sevier Co., TN Deed Book H

State of Tennessee } This Indenture made and entered into
Sevier County }between John Wood of the County of Polk and State of Tennessee of one part and John Mock of the County of Walker and State of Georgia of the other part the consideration of this obligation is such that the said John Wood agrees on his part to quit claim to and set over and relinquish all his right title claim and interest that he has vested in him as heir at law of Robert Wilson, deceased of in and to a certain tract of land lying in said Sevier County in the 4th Civil Dist. on Little East Fork of Little Pigeon River joining the lands of the heirs of John Brabson dec’d, Thomas Maples and others which was willed by Robert Wilson to his daughter Agness Wilson who afterward intermarried with the said John Wood and the said Agness Wood being now dec’d. I the said John Wood only have by law vested in me a life estate in said tract of land. I the said Wood do hereby relinquish and set over to the said John Mock his heirs executors & administrators &c all my estate in said tract of land but no further nor otherwise. In Testimoney whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 29th day of November 1848.
John Wood {seal}
Test:
John F. Fowler
Adarvsor ? Jr.

State of Tennessee } Personally appeared before me W.S.J. Sevier County }Ford, Clerk of in and for said County John Wood the bargainer for the foregoing deed with whom I am personally acquainted and acknowledged that he signed sealed and executed the same for the purposes therein contained. Witness my hand at office in Sevierville this 29th day of November 1848. W.S.J. Ford, Clerk

Rec’d the foregoing deed into office for registration on the 29th day of November at 3 o’clock & 55 minutes p.m. 1848
Registered this 29th day of Nov 1848
James McNelly R.S.C
B. John Cottell ? Depty.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pamandgar9973 13 May 2012 8:17PM GMT 
rjhorman 21 Feb 2013 4:35PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions