Search for content in message boards

Louis Atkins Family in Union/Grainger Co. Tenn./Virg/KY

Replies: 11

Louis Atkins Family in Union/Grainger Co. Tenn./Virg/KY

Mary Atkins Zwahlen (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Atkins, Monroe, Booker, Hickle
I am trying to get information about a Louis/Lewis Atkins who was born in Va. on May 5, 1785 but married Elizabeth Monroe in Granger Co. Tenn. in 1804. All I've read is that he is from Virginia and possibly had a brother Richard, who migrated to Missouri and nothing else. I would like more info on his ancestors.

Also his son Elige b May 4, 1814 who was married to Elizabeth Mullens, had a son named William "Arch"(er?)Atkins around 1849 who married Sarah Catherine Booker in Union Co. Tenn. Some sources say she remarried to a Jasper Hickle around 1800. Others say she married Jasper before William Arch. I know that she and Willim "Arch"(er?) had four children---Cordeala b 1871 m A. J. Frost, Mary Ann b 1873 m W. E. Hickle, Gidion Frank b 1875 and William Archie 1877. I also have read that Sarah had two daughters by Jasper Hickle. They are reported to be Laura R. Hickle b Jun 1880 and Margie M. Hickle b Jan 1883 all in Union Co. Tenn but I can't say this info is correct because of the discrepancy in the order of the marriages. I have no idea what happened to the two girls from this Hickle union nor do I know what happened to the two girls from the Atkins union except they were married. I know that Gidion Frank and William Archie migrated to Lincoln Co., KY and this is where their family is today. Gidion Frank is my Great Grandfather.

While the dates above make me believe that William Arch was still in Union Co. when Sara supposedly married Jasper, I'm not sure. Did he die and if so where is he buried? I have no information on what happened to William Arch (er?)Atkins, Jasper Hickle or Sarah Catherine Booker or their daughters. It's like they just disappeared. If anyone has any information on the people I have listed above I would appreciate it if you would share. I have lots of info to exchange also if any one wants it. Thanks.

Mary Atkins Zwahlen
Kentucky
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mary Atkins Zwahlen 8 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Tonya Hannigan 17 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT 
j_dunkel 28 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Mary Atkins Zwahlen 19 Dec 2002 8:21PM GMT 
nelsonrz 4 Oct 2007 11:30AM GMT 
Denny Mullins 22 Sep 2012 7:26AM GMT 
dennisngore 6 Jan 2013 9:37PM GMT 
Denny Mullins 5 Apr 2013 10:12PM GMT 
lindajhutchin... 9 Sep 2008 3:10AM GMT 
JDunkel 10 Sep 2008 6:21AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions