Search for content in message boards

What happened to Daylight?

Replies: 20

What happened to Daylight?

Brent Cantrell (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2003 12:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Yesterday I was visiting my parents in Centertown and took my mother out for a drive to see the fall leaves. We ended up looking for Daylight. She was born on Route 1, Daylight, and her father and grandparents also lived there. I had never looked closely at the place.

I got out my TDOT county road map and my Delorme Tenn map and located Daylight on Daylight Road on the north bank of Charles Creek. We came in from the West and were stopped by a massive tree trunk bulldozed across the road -- looked like an old-growth oak. There were several "Private - No Trespassing" signs and the pavement continued right under the tree trunk. We could see that it continued for at least a little way on the other side.

So, we went around to Bethany Road and came in from the south. Crossed Charles Creek on a nice, modern, concrete bridge then immediately came to a stop sign where Bethany road should have hit Daylight Road. To the left, back toward Daylight and the tree trunk blockade the roadbed was torn up and there were pieces of concrete blocking the way. To the right the road was open, but in disrepair except for a section leading in to what looked liked the packing sheds of a nursery.

I drove around the area a couple of time and the whole area was posted “private no trespassing” with the name of a nursery.

Anyway, Daylight Road is blocked on either side of where Daylight is marked on the map, about 3/4 mile of road along the north side of Charles Creek. The blockade looks private and says private. There are no official government signs of any kind.

Did Warren County sell Daylight to a nursery? Is this a private landowner blocking a public road? Anybody know what is going at the Daylight site?

Or is my map wrong, and do I have the wrong site altogether?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Brent Cantrell 24 Oct 2003 6:09AM GMT 
Charles Page 2 Nov 2003 7:32PM GMT 
BeWhitlock 7 Dec 2003 8:00PM GMT 
whisperingpin... 14 Aug 2006 2:16PM GMT 
TammyLynnSmit... 8 Jul 2007 4:56PM GMT 
cantrellb 8 Jul 2007 6:04PM GMT 
tlking65 10 Jul 2007 12:59AM GMT 
tlking65 10 Jul 2007 1:17AM GMT 
maryhspringer... 13 Apr 2009 2:14AM GMT 
BeWhitlock 13 Apr 2009 3:52AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions