Search for content in message boards

Cottrell/Crumley

Replies: 14

Re: Cottrell/Crumley

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 10:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Glover was my grandmothers (Stacy Belle Cottrell) brother, he is the son of John W. Cottrell and Lillie Elizabeth Moore, other siblings, William B., Mary F., John E., and James F. his parents were John B. Cottrell and Stacy P. Homberley. I was able to trace John B. to NC and found a Thomas Cottrell married to Mary Glover that I believe are the parents giving "Glover" as your grandfathers namesake. This Thomas and Mary went to SC the same time as John B. and Stacy P went to TN. Stacy Belle married Oregon Josiah (Joe F Crumley) my grandfather. Her father John W. and Oregons father David J. grew up together as children and all signs show served together in the Civil War, surviving and then having their children (Stacy Belle and Oregon Josiah) marry. I have yet to find confirmation on Thomas being the patriarch of this line but am almost certain that this is the family line that John W. and then John B. came from, our family has a hand written letter telling of the family history from John W. to Stacy Belle beginning with the 1855 trip from NC to TN. contact at jjcrumley@hotmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JG Russell 9 Mar 2013 5:45AM GMT 
smCottrell195... 9 Mar 2013 1:54PM GMT 
smCottrell195... 9 Mar 2013 1:56PM GMT 
JG Russell 9 Mar 2013 2:08PM GMT 
JamesJCrumley 16 Mar 2013 4:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic