Search for content in message boards

Gray, Kincheloe, Hale

Replies: 2

Gray, Kincheloe, Hale

Posted: 21 Apr 2012 3:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GRAY, KINCHELOE, HALE
I am hoping someone will have some information about the GRAY, KINCHELOE, HALE line that left Washington County, Tennessee and ended up in Schuyler County Missouri.

The people causing me confusing are:

My GRAY line comes to an end with William Hale GRAY b. abt 1814 in Tenn. I know that he married a Sarah KINCHELOE b. abt 1816 in Tenn d. abt 1860 in Tenn.

During my search, I found another Sarah KINCHELOE, also of Washington County, Tenn. But this Sarah was younger, b. abt. 1833. She married Lewic C. HALE in 1848 in Washington County, Tenn. By 1860, they are living in Memphis, Scotland County, Missouri, where most of my mother's relatives lived. (NOTE: So far, I find no connection to this couple in my family tree.)

Wm. and Sarah (Kincheloe)Gray's son, Nathan, must be a cousin or somehow related to Lewis Hale and the other Sarah Kincheloe. Because 20 years after the Hales moved to Schuyler County, Missouri, where the rest of my mother's relatives lived. Schuyler and Scotland County, both small, share a border. I believe finding Nathan in that small area of Missouri is more than a coincidence.

Adding to the mystery, I'm wondering if there's more than the Kincheloe connection. I think it's possible that Nathan's father, William HALE Gray, is related to Lewis HALE.

For the life of me, I have not been able to find a connection between GRAY and HALE and I can't find a connection between the two KINCHELOE women.

Anyone have these three family names in their tree?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
melissa_1959 21 Apr 2012 9:46PM GMT 
DonnaCoxBrigg... 22 Apr 2012 10:36AM GMT 
CynthiaMcDani... 15 Dec 2012 2:00AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions