Need Help finding the Father of: Solomon Davis- He was born about 1799 in North Carolina and married (1st) Saluda (poss. Brown but not proven)born in Virginia in 1800.
Solomon Davis and Saluda were married before 1823. They had the following children:
1. Thomas B Davis was born on 17 Jun 1823 in Tennessee. He married Elizabeth F.Hastings on 18 Nov 1847 in Wilson Co.,TN. He died on 15 Aug 1888 in Webb City,Jasper County, MO (Buried: Webb City Cemetery, Jasper County, MO). Some Solomon Davis researchers do not have Thomas B listed as a son of Solomon since he was married and out of the household before the 1850 census. This information was confirmed from the Webb City Cemetery records "TB Davis - Son of Solomon and Saluda"
2. Susan S Davis was born on 08 Mar 1826 in Tennessee. She married Joel T Preston on 17 Nov 1847 in Wilson, Tennessee, USA. She died on 17 Sep 1893 in Logan, Kentucky,USA (Buried: Chandlers Chapel, Logan, KY).
3. Julia A Davis was born on 16 Oct 1830 in Tennessee, USA. She married Richard Compton on 23 Mar 1852 in Wilson, Tennessee, USA. She died on 15 Nov 1911 in Illinois, USA (Buried: Sugar Camp Cemetery, Moores Prairie, Jefferson County, IL).
4. Francis Davis was born on 22 Sep 1833 in Wilson, Tennessee, USA. She married George E Tracy on 21 Oct 1851 in Wilson, Tennessee, USA. She died on 26 Jul 1926 in
Covington, Tipton, Tennessee, USA (Buried Munford Cemetery).
5. Robert P Davis was born about 1836 in Wilson, Tennessee, USA. He married Chloe Ann Simmons on 24 Dec 1857 in Logan, Kentucky, USA. He died after 1880.
6. Lucinda Davis was born on 14 Oct 1839 in Tennessee. She married George W. Davis on 20 Feb 1859 in Wilson, Tennessee, USA. She died on 28 Oct 1905 in DeKalb County,Tennessee (Buried: Snow Hill Methodist Church).
7. William Brown Davis was born in Nov 1844 in Tennessee. He married Sarah Jane Hudson on 06 Dec 1865 in Wilson, Tennessee, USA. He died in Apr 1907 in Tennessee,
Solomon Davis can be found on the 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870 Census's in Wilson County TN. Saluda died sometime between 1860 and 1869. Solomon remarried Harriett Pritchet in March 17, 1869. They had no children. He died in March of 1879.
MANY researchers have confused his information with the Solomon Davis that lived in DeKalb County, TN They may have been cousins but this has not been proven. Any help would be appreciated.