Search for content in message boards

Crear Families

Replies: 8

Crear Families

Valerie Williams (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2001 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CREAR, WOFFORD, DANIEL
I am looking for information on Charlie CREAR b. 29 Mar 1902, d. 24 Jul 1957 in Anderson County, Texas. Charlie was married to Georgia WOFFORD (daughter of Judge WOFFORD & Ella DANIEL WOFFORD). To this union were 6 known children - Clyde, George, John Westley, Catharine, Dolly Jean, and Jerlene. Georgia died of TB in 1936 in Tucson, AZ. At that time the children were very small and many were adopted out or cared for by area families such as the ALLENS and BURKS. Charlie re-married to Ella Fair ROSS in 1940 and fathered 3 more children: Mary Alice, James Ross, and Ruth Jean. Charlie died during an affair with another woman in 1957.. no idea who she was?

Family stories have it that Charlie's daughter, Catharine, lost 2 children in a house fire somewhere in Anderson County around 1948 to 1953. At that time she was married to a Lee Roy HURD. I have been unable to find out any information or details about this fire but believe that the 2 children that died were named Jimmie LeRoy and Katie Mae. Any assistance in this would be appreciated. Was a newspaper being printed in Frankston during that time? Maybe there was a story?

Charlie CREAR was born to Washington CREAR (1879-1921) and Anna COLE (1882-1929). His brothers and sisters were: Jewel, Janie, Samuel, Ozella, Katie Mae (m. LACY), Sallie Mae (m. PERRY), Anna Bell (m. OGBURN), and Nora. Any information about these siblings would be appreciated.

Washington CREAR was born to Richard CREAR (1848-1939) and Laura. His brothers and sisters were: Josephine, Jessie, Julie, Walzie, Calvin, Richard, Will, Nell, Laura, Lou, Frankie, and Vianna Lucille.

Richard CREAR was born to ? CREAR and Louiza (b. 1816 AL). His brothers and sisters were: Jane, Mary, M.C., Moses, Jefferson, Alex, Frank, Joseph, Okley, Nelson, and Sam. I believe this family migrated to the East Texas area somewhere between 1855-1865. Most of the older children were born in Alabama - but the younger ones were born in Texas. They settled primarily in Anderson, Cherokee, & maybe Rusk counties.

As you can see, the CREAR family is quite large. If you are related to this family - please contact me. I have a lot of information but am still trying to fit all the pieces together. Hope to get some replies! Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Valerie Williams 22 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT 
@@kimberlycre... 13 Feb 2003 1:29AM GMT 
gcrear_1 5 Oct 2004 8:48PM GMT 
Beau Renfrow 4 Oct 2013 3:44PM GMT 
gcrear_1 5 Oct 2004 8:40PM GMT 
Stan Crook 26 Nov 2009 5:07AM GMT 
Stan Crook 26 Nov 2009 5:16AM GMT 
mcrear2003 8 Sep 2012 6:02PM GMT 
Beau Renfrow 30 Sep 2013 7:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions