Search for content in message boards

HILL M. ROGERS

Replies: 4

HILL M. ROGERS

Posted: 14 Oct 1998 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Jul 2001 5:22PM GMT
Surnames: ROGERS
HILL ROGERS was listed on the Angelina 1870 census. He lived with his wife (Ann) and his two daughters, Zula and Mattie.
I am trying to find out if this is the same man as HILL M. ROGERS found on the 1880 Nacogdoches census with wife Harriet and four sons. My gggrandfather is Hill M. ROGERS and I know very little of him. I am at a brickwall. It may be that these two Hill ROGERS are the same man and perhaps one is the father of the other. Hill M. Rogers had four sons including William, Diedie, Peyton and Charles. They were born mostly in the 1870s.
Hill ROGERS of Angelina Co. had two daughters named Zula and Mattie.
My line is through Peyton ROGERS who ran away from home at the age of 11 in 1890 and never saw his family again. He never spoke of them other to say his mother died and he ran away when his dad remarried. Peyton was raised by the Henry Wingate Truitt family near Daingerfield. Peyton definitely looked as if he had Indian blood and he said he was part Cherokee. But I have no proof and I am at a brickwall. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. No one in our family has never known anything of Peyton's real family. It is about time that we did. Thanks much!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
delbertdaniel 14 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT 
cekberg1 7 Feb 2014 2:47AM GMT 
HL2604 7 Feb 2014 7:36AM GMT 
cekberg1 7 Feb 2014 5:25PM GMT 
HL2604 7 Feb 2014 7:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic