Replies: 12

John W Hill and Martha E. Brooks Deed

Posted: 16 Nov 1999 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 8:19PM GMT
Surnames: HILL, BROOKS
Page 509
Records of Deeds May 1869
In consideration of Twenty four Dollars (stricken out) Hundred Dollars gold, one half thereof to each of us paid by Robert E. Hill of the county of Bastrop in the State of Texas, me John W. Hill and Martha E. Brooks of the county afresaid have this day bargained, sold, transferred, awarded, conveyed and assigned, and by these presents do bargain, sell, transfer, grant and convey and assign unto said Robert E. Hill, his heirs and assigns all and singular our right, title and interest in and to, all the real estate situated in the County aforesaid, and in and to all and singular the personal property belonging to the estates of our father Middleton M. M. Hill and our mother Julia T. Hill, late of the County aforesaid, to have and to hold unto said Robert E. Hill, his heirs and assigns forever. In witness whereof and hereto sign our names and affirm our seals using scrawl for seals, this the 3rd day of April A. D. 1869.
Signed, sealed and delivered in presence of John C. Yerger and D. O. Hill.
John W. Hill (scrawl)
M. E. Brooks (scrawl)
$2.55/00 J. R. T.
The State of Texas County of Bastrop
Before me the undersigned Clerk of the County Court in and for said County this day personally came John C. Yerger and made oath that John W. Hill & M. E. Brooks, whose names appear to the instrument of writing hereto attached, bearing date the 3rd day of April, A. D. 1869, acknowledged to him that they signed sealed and delivered said instrument for the considerations & purposes therein stated & he signed the same as witness. In evidence of which I here unto sign my name and affix my official seal, this the 22nd day of May, A. D. 1869. R. F. Campbell, Clk. C. C. B. C.
A true copy of the original deed, filed at my office on the 22nd May 1869 and recorded on the 24th May A. D. 1869. R. F. Campbell, Clk by C. Misingenberger?, Dept.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Owentk 16 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Al Hill 17 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Owentk 17 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Valerie Green 16 May 2000 12:00PM GMT 
MicheleBrooks... 5 Feb 2002 5:37AM GMT 
Valerie 8 Feb 2002 10:54PM GMT 
Al Hill 5 Feb 2002 4:13PM GMT 
Valerie 8 Feb 2002 11:15PM GMT 
Bruce Allardice 12 Dec 2002 3:45PM GMT 
Elizabeth_Sar... 2 Jul 2013 7:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions