Search for content in message boards

WORD Family Inquiry

Replies: 1

Re: WORD Family Inquiry

Posted: 6 Aug 2010 10:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WORD - TARVER - DANIEL
In case you have never received a reply, I have some info that I dug up even though I have no connection to the families. Bertha Word was the daughter of John Quincey Word, Sr and Ovina Narcissus Tarver. She was born 30 Jul 1886 in Oxford, Lafayette, Mississippi and died 05 Dec 1918 in Seymour, Baylor, Texas. Her death certificate says that she lived in Waco, but died in Seymour of pneumonia following a bout of influenza. Apparently since Clifford Bower Daniel, Jr was just a baby, she had gone to her parents when she was ill. Her death certificate also says she was buried in Seymour, so it probably was in the Old Seymour Cemetery as that was where other members of her family were buried. In 1919, following Bertha's death, Clifford, Sr married Addie Mae (last name unknown). Ovina Narcissus Tarver was born 04 Nov 1860 in Water Valley, Yalobusha, Mississippi and died 11 Nov 1947 in Seymour, Baylor, Texas. John Quincey Word, Sr. was born 04 Jan 1856 in Oxford, Lafayette, Mississippi and died 14 Dec 1931 in Seymour, Baylor, Texas. He and Ovina Narcissus were married 02 Feb 1882 in Water Valley, Yalobusha, Mississippi and migrated to Texas after the 1900 Census.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Scotti Daniel Statham 7 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT 
panola911 6 Aug 2010 4:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions