Search for content in message boards

LAMBERTH

Replies: 5

Re: Lamberth/Lisenbe

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 11:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jan 2013 11:36PM GMT
You're welcome Gloria!
No, unfortunately the Nathaniel's are not one in the same, I've beat that lead to death. LOL But I do believe that they are both descendents of a common ancestor in Maryland. Our line of Croppers left MD for KY, then our line through Elisha came down to MS, then TX and settled in LA around 1840. I think he traveled down the Mississippi River from KY originally. He fought for TX's independence 1836 and you can find him listed in the TX state archives online. Elisha G. Cropper or sometimes just E. G. Cropper is how he is listed. From his enlistment papers in the TX Army we found him described as 5'10" tall, had grey eyes and red hair! During the Civil War Elisha brought his family to Magnolia, Pike Co., MS where worked in construction, I think for the RR. He was a carpenter and brick mason. He served in a minor capacity blowing a bugle at age 45 in the home guard of the Confederate Army there. After the war he returned to St. Landry Parish where he eventually died in 1872. I think it was through carpentry that he met Robert Lamberth who was enumerated with his family in 1870 in that parish. Robert married Elisha's daughter Letha. I have a photos of Letha and William, but not their brother Nathaniel. He and his wife both perished in a house fire and their 3 children were dispersed among relatives. There is mention in a court book of proceedings of a case heard regarding the children, but unfortunately the details of the case were lost in a terrible fire in Lake Charles that burned a whole block of buildings in 1910, including the court house.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CALIN2006 25 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT 
hookemlrj 10 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
sprgen4119 16 Jul 2002 11:12AM GMT 
SandyBlakley5... 27 Jan 2013 4:29AM GMT 
sprgen4119 27 Jan 2013 4:52AM GMT 
SandyBlakley5... 27 Jan 2013 6:32AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic