Search for content in message boards

Godelva "Eva" CHAVEZ CARLOCK (1883 - 1970) of San Antonio

Replies: 1

Godelva "Eva" CHAVEZ CARLOCK (1883 - 1970) of San Antonio

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 11:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CARLOCK, CHAVEZ, GILES, LINDIG, SABIN
Can anyone verify whether or not Henry CARLOCK (1854 – 1933) of San Antonio married Godelva “Eva” CHAVEZ (1883 – 1970) as a second wife?

Page 454 of the book “History of the Carlock Family,” by Marion Pomeroy CARLOCK, 1929, lists Henry as separated from his wife Alzina Luiza SABIN. (Alzina died in 1947 and is buried in Idaho.)

Godelva CHAVEZ was listed as a servant living in Henry’s household at the time of the 1930 census. Although the handwriting is quite small, it looks like both Henry and Godelva were listed as widowed at the time of the 1930 census. (Two other CHAVEZes were also living in Henry’s home at that time.)

Henry died in 1933. His death certificate lists his address as 1614 Saunders St. The informant on his death certificate was his daughter Maud CARLOCK of Paynesville, MN. The death certificate lists Henry as married to Alzina CARLOCK. Henry was reportedly buried in New Lutheran Cemetery in San Antonio.

Several years ago I found Henry’s obituary in a card file at the San Antonio Public Library. At the time I did not make note of him having a wife named Godelva or Eva. I apparently did make note of Alzina being mentioned in the obituary.

Godelva is listed as Godelva CARLOCK, widowed, at the time of the 1940 census. Her street number is listed as 1614, but I could not find where the street name was listed. A note along the left margin of the census said that Mrs. Carlock was the informant.

Godelva is listed in the Social Security Death Index as Eva CARLOCK.

The address listed on Godelva “Eva” CARLOCK’s death certificate was 1614 Saunders Ave. She is reportedly buried in the San Fernando #2 Cemetery.

No other CARLOCKs were listed as living in Bexar County at the time of the 1930 census.

Emmett James CARLOCK (1920 – 1975) was living in Bexar County in 1940. He married Lucille Eleanor LINDIG and had children Nickie Nadine CARLOCK (b. 1946, Bexar County) and Tommy Wayne CARLOCK (b. 1948, Bexar County).

Weldon O. CARLOCK (1914 – 1992) was living in Bexar County in 1940.

Homer C. J. CARLOCK (1924 – 1949) was living with his mother Minnie Esmer GILES CARLOCK (b. ca. 1888, TX) in Bexar County in 1940. Homer married Beatrice Marie BECK and had a son named Nelson Eugene CARLOCK in 1947.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Susan Cearlock Tilleman (setilleman@gmail.com)
http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/t/i/l/Susan-E-Til...
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SETilleman 24 Oct 2012 5:39AM GMT 
HL2604 24 Oct 2012 9:48AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic