Search for content in message boards

Smith Family Cemetery

Replies: 0

Smith Family Cemetery

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 9:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Last June I spoke with the Smith descendant who currently lives on the Smith Ranch and cares for the Smith Family Cemetery. She said she didn't know how it came to be known as the Walnut Creek Methodist Church Cemetery because it has nothing to do with the church. However, the church is located very near on the other side of the fence. I finally put my mind to the mystery this morning and discovered that the Gloria Mayfield Cemetery Project received photos of the cemetery from a volunteer who assumed that it was a church cemetery and posted a photo of the church and the church sign. For years, some people called it the Walnut Creek Cemetery because of its location near the creek. The volunteer photographers just took it one step further. So this morning, in an attempt to correct the record, I am posting in places where the information might be helpful. I got return mail from the Gloria Mayfield email link. I have contacted the current Blanco County GenWeb webmaster and that will be corrected. I have to wait for that to be corrected before I can ask for the Findagrave listing to be corrected.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions