Search for content in message boards

BORDEN OR MAROKOVICH? TRYING TO FIND OUT WHO MY MOTHER WAS

Replies: 1

BORDEN OR MAROKOVICH? TRYING TO FIND OUT WHO MY MOTHER WAS

Posted: 28 Oct 2009 10:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Borden, Marokovich, Carlich, Ferrara, Adkinson, Franolich
I have been seeking detailed information about my biological mother, Rose Ferrara, previously known as, I believe, either Rose Borden or Rose Marokovich.

All I currently know about my mother is that she was born in New York City on January 17, 1917 and died in Fairfield, CT. My mother’s mother, supposedly “Susie” Marokovich lived on Albany Crescent in the Bronx, NY at one time. Susie's last known address at the time of her demise was on Katonah Avenue in the Bronx. My mother, Rose Ferrara, is interred at Woodlawn Cemetery in the Bronx, NY.

The confusing part is that she had many other sisters and brothers with different last names. She had a sister, Helen Marokovich who was married to an Anthony Carlich. Helen Carlich died in Warrensburg, MO on January 16, 1919. The other siblings were: Florence Marokovich-Fronalich (deceased), Frank Marokovich (deceased: June 5, 1964), a Sister of the Catholic Order in Chicago, Illinois and John Marokovich (whereabouts unknown to-date). There may be other siblings.

Rose Borden married Jerry Ferrara and lived many years on Fort Independence Street in the Bronx.

Rose Borden’s parents it is presumed are Susie Marokovich (born about 1884) and John Marokovich. I am seeking any information with regard to my mother and why she has the last name Borden instead of Marokovich as all the others are named. Rose was placed in a home at one time, we believe in Westchester County, NY, called the Provincial House & Novitiate of the Sisters of the Good Sheppard & St. German’s Home. The year indicated was 1930. This has not been confirmed. Any information you may have will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
syrupbaby62 29 Oct 2009 4:25AM GMT 
Jennefer Brun... 29 Oct 2009 6:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions