Search for content in message boards

Captain Richard Sanderson 1641-1718

Replies: 3

Re: Captain Richard Sanderson 1641-1718

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 6:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sanderson, de Bedick, Foster
Since that post, I have found more evidence on Richard. There is evidence that he landed in Virginia in 1662 and his way was paid for by a Captain Foster who received land for paying for his passage. There is also evidence that he (Richard) settled in the southern part of Virginia which later became North Carolina. He later became a Sea Captain and owned several ships himself. I believe this Richard Sanderson and the New England Sandersons are related but that relationship was probably several generations removed from Richard himself as it was clearly stated that he was from England . . . not New England. I have traced this Sanderson line back to the de Bedicks in Northern England. Some of the evidence is not great as it came from other trees on ancestry.com and had no supporting data. I am working to confirm this data, but I believe most of it is correct. I found no evidence that this Richard came from Scotland . . . although he did come from Northern England from an area that was at one time contested by England and Scotland. If you send me your email address, I will send you an invitation to visit my tree. I would like to have your input on what I have so far on the Sanderson line.
Ron
johnrsanderson@earthlink.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
johnrsanderso... 30 Oct 2009 11:00AM GMT 
allisonflemin... 29 Oct 2010 2:57PM GMT 
margaretat58 22 Jan 2013 2:27AM GMT 
johnrsanderso... 22 Jan 2013 1:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic