Search for content in message boards

Nimrod Crow

Replies: 2

Nimrod Crow

Mark Myers (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2001 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Crow
I saw the following information on the Bosque County Query...

In the early 1900's Nimrod Hunter Crow was killed when a group of kids spooked his team of horses and they ran away, over turning the wagon in which Nimrod was riding. According to my husbands grandmother, Annie B. Crow, Nimrod's grand-daughter, who was born in 1900 in Bosque Co., Texas, Nimrod and his wife, Nancy Theresa Sea/Seay/See,
lived in Bosque County and are buried there, but I have no dates of death. Are there any newspapers in Bosque Co., that would date back to the early 1900's that might have carried any obituaries and if so, would it be possible to get an address? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am researching Thomas Frank Crow. Nimrod was his father.....and the spooked horses story matches family lore! Here is the info that I have on him:

Thomas Frank Crow
b. 2/23/1880 Iredell, Bosque County, Tx
d 9/14/1957 on the Crow/Biggs farm 10 miles east of Anson in the Avoca area (Wilson Community)
m. Clara Biggs
Clara Biggs
b. 3/9/1881
d. 8/12/1938 on the Crow/Biggs farm 10 miles east of Anson in the Avoca area (Wilson Community)
Thomas' Father was Nimrod Crow (we have no information on him or his wife), however Frank did construct the Crow School House that was later rebuilt and called the Swan's Chapel School. Frank also built one of the first laundries in Anson.

I live about 1 hour from Iredell. I am going to try to make a trip there this weekend. Does anyone know or have a list of the cemeteries near Iredell and their locations??
Thanks so much,
Mark Myers
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mark Myers 14 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Connie 8 Aug 2001 2:28AM GMT 
raiders4tracy 21 Jul 2013 8:16AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions