Search for content in message boards

Family of Wilson M. Biffle

Replies: 4

Re: Family of Wilson M. Biffle

Posted: 16 Jan 2012 7:42PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Biffle Lafon
I am replying in regards to questions about Fred Biffle. I am married to a descendant of the Biffle's and have a large amount of information. We have an original pencil drawing of Fred. It is well known in our family that he rode with Charles Goodnight along with his brother, N.I. Biffle in their early years. Both boys left or ran from home, at very young ages, after their father married his second wife.

N.I. was my husband's great grandfather.

Grandma Gladys Biffle saved a newspaper Obituary for Fred. It does not have the printed date but she hand-wrote his death to be the year 1918. Fred Biffle "was a good citizen and neighbor, a good husband, an indulgent father who idolized his wife and four children, and was held in high esteem by our people." He had lived in Silverton, Briscoe, TX for about 27 years and had served three terms as Sheriff, one as County Judge and had been Mayor since the incorporation of the town. He owned a large Dry Goods business and was in the process of selling it. The article states that he had been in failing health due to a fall from a windmill a few years prior.

Fred Biffle died from a self inflicted gunshot wound about 4:30 AM while his family slept. His wife awoke at the gunshot and found him.

It lists the following family members:
Fred's Father - W.M. Biffle and wife and daughter, Miss Georgia, Mr. and Mrs. Sam Brown (sister), Mrs. Katie Cummings (Sister),N.I.(Nathan Isom)Biffle (brother), N.T.(Norban Tolliver)Biffle (brother), L.B. Sweeney (Sister), Ola Hanna (Sister), and Aunt Cynthia Sweeney.

I hope this helps in some way.

I am looking for information on W.M. Biffle's first wife, Susan LaFon. I have some information but she just drops off the face of the earth. From the information I have, she was troubled.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Margaret_McC 11 Jan 2004 5:57AM GMT 
wilandbl 13 Jan 2004 3:47PM GMT 
Margaret McClesey 14 Jan 2004 2:30PM GMT 
BMay933 17 Jan 2012 2:42AM GMT 
hepster60 15 Aug 2013 1:52AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic