Search for content in message boards

WILLIAM ROWE of Brazoria County, 1858 -1863

Replies: 0

WILLIAM ROWE of Brazoria County, 1858 -1863

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 11:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WILLIAM ROWE (b. 1785 N. C. - d. 1863 Brazoria County TX)
I am researching the William Rowe mentioned above who came to Brazoria County around 1858 and died there, leaving a will, in 1863. He was my 4 times great grandfather and Shadrack Rowe, who lived nearby, was my 4 times great grand uncle. They were both planters, although William's name is not listed on any of the land records that I have found.

I am most interested in where he would have been buried. When the Shadrack Rowe family sold their land to the McNeill family in 1866, they sold all but two acres containing the Cedar Lake church and cemetery. I am assuming my ancestor may be buried there but can find no evidence of that fact.

I have permission from the present owner of the land to visit the cemetery, but was wondering if anyone had any other information about who, besides the known persons listed in the TXGen database and in the published books, might also be buried in the Cedar Lake cemetery. Family history, anecdotal evidence, anything lending a clue would be most appreciated.

And as an aside, James Smith and Jamie Murray at the Brazoria Historical Museum library are fantastic. They helped me over the weekend to find my ancestor's last records than I would have ever imagined possible.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions