Search for content in message boards

Obituary Request for James Benjamin "Ben" Spillman

Replies: 2

Re: Obituary Request for James Benjamin "Ben" Spillman

Posted: 2 Oct 2010 6:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Spillman
Lisa, were you able to locate the obit you wanted? I am sorry I do not have one. I do however have a question. I do not know much about George or James, but have followed their father and his family. I wonder how James' mothers name (Mary Elizabeth Painter)was discovered.

Mary Elizabeth Benge Ryan married Edmon T Spillman, in 1908 in McLennan Co., TX. They are listed on the 1910 census for that county as well. Spillman is listed as Tom S. which is why it took me so long to find his family. They had bothe been married twice. I've known about Tom Spillman for many years and think I have a photograph of him. Do you think that the name Mary Elizabeth might have come from the Benge Ryan Spillman instead of Painter?

I also notice two individuals in the household by the name of Sullin. I suspect it was an error (by enumerator)that they were not given their own household and family numbers as it appears that the woman was listed as head of household and the next page of census has another Sullin. My point being; I do not believe the Sullin's were related in anyway to the Spillman's. Perhaps you know of some relationship to Tom Spillman?

Mary E and Tom were not married long. She was quite a bit older than he was. I believe they divorced, but have never looked for papers in Waco, TX. where I believe they would be found. Mary E. Benge Ryan Spillman lived in Moody, TX in McLennan county from the early 1870's until her death in 1918. She was previously married to Henry Ryan from 1872 until 1900 or later.

I traced Tom Spillman's family to Kentucky from McLennan Co. after I discovered his first name was Edmon. If you can help me with any information regarding Mary E. I'd appreciate it and I'll be happy to help you if I can.

Gayla
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lisa Rowlee S... 8 Dec 2009 1:01AM GMT 
PaSain 9 Dec 2009 3:07AM GMT 
gajeta 3 Oct 2010 12:19AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions