Search for content in message boards

WILLIS B. and MARTHA DAVIDSON

Replies: 3

Re: WILLIS B. and MARTHA DAVIDSON

Posted: 15 Sep 2012 9:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Some have shown Willis B. Davidson as being a descendant of the "old" William Davidson who was shown as age 95 on the 1850 Limestone Co., VA census (and as being from NC). That "old" William Davidson was member of DNA "Family 3" at www.davidsongenes.org, per a living male Davidson DNA donor who is a descendant of the later William Davidson in that family who married a Miss Lewis. I SUSPECT that this is PROBABLY not correct (but certainly no proof). I believe that Willis B. Davidson was instead PROBABLY a son of the younger William Davidson (age 61) who on that same Limestone census in 1850, and who was born in VA. That William Davidson who was age 61 in 1850 MIGHT very well have been a member of the unrelated DNA "Family 10" from VA.

Note: Both of the "old" William Davidsons (age 95 in 1850) and the younger William Davidson (age 61 in 1850) were supposedly married to women named Nancy. The "old" William Davidson was supposedly married to a Nancy Albright (though his wife in Limestone Co., AL in 1850 was a later wife), while the younger William Davidson (age 61 in 1850) from VA is shown on that 1850 Limestone Co., AL census as being married to a Nancy (whose maiden name is not known).

That other William Davidson (age 60 in 1860) who was on the census in Burnet Co., TX in 1860....and who was shown as a "gentleman" from VA....MIGHT have also been a member of DNA "Family 10." I see no evidence that the "old" William Davidson (age 95 in 1850, and from NC) of DNA "Family 3" was ever in VA....but no proof.

If you know of a living male Davidson who is out of Willis B. Davidson, he should be encouraged to take the DNA test via the "Join Now..." tab/link at www.davidsongenes.org. Ditto anyone who is out of the above-mentioned "gentleman" William Davidson from VA, and/or out of the John R. Davidson who married a Sarah Ballard (they were in Limestone Co., AL in 1850 and then in Burnet Co., TX in 1860). By the way, the James Davidson who married a Miss Lewis and a Miss Parrish (and who was also in Limestone Co., AL and then in Burnet Co., TX) apparently WAS a member of DNA "Family 3" (and hence, a part of the same Davidson family as the "old" William Davidson). I have found that it is quite common to have two or more unrelated Davidson/Davison/Davisson families in the same area at the same time. Thanks.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Patricia Staley 22 Aug 2001 2:58PM GMT 
tunnelm1 7 Sep 2008 11:26PM GMT 
KarylonRussel... 15 Nov 2008 5:07PM GMT 
tunnelm1 15 Sep 2012 3:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions