Search for content in message boards

Local Lore

Replies: 2

Local Lore

Posted: 2 Mar 2013 5:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
My daughter recently returned from a trip to Enchanted Rock. She was very upset with me as she found no information of the "Story of Enchanted Rock" that I had told her. Growing up my Grandfather told us this story (it was one of our favorites)I was shocked when I went in search on the internet and could not find any reference to it. My Grandfather grew up in the Burnet area and I was wondering if anyone else had a similar "Enchanted Rock" legend. Grandfathers legend was of two Indian lovers from warring tribes that were caught together on top of the mountain. Fearing capture they leaped off a cliff and landed on a ledge, where they crawled back into a cave & dies. When the wind is right you can hear the Indian princess singing to her dying lover. Has anyone else heard this version?
I would also like to inquire if anyone has ever heard the story of "Tall Bet", this was a story told to kids to keep them from wondering to far from home.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
brisor210 2 Mar 2013 12:04PM GMT 
HL2604 2 Mar 2013 7:55PM GMT 
brisor210 5 Mar 2013 12:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions