Search for content in message boards

Jesse Samuel Martin and Nancy Elizabeth 1930 census

Replies: 2

Re: Jesse Samuel Martin and Nancy Elizabeth 1930 census

Posted: 13 Mar 2010 6:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hey there I believe I saw your family on Ancestry I have been in touch with Barb and Sharon of Montana.My grgrandfather Franklin H Rowe was the elder brother of (Jesse Cicero Martin s/o William Hogan Martin b.Ga and Mary Ann Garvin)second wife Martha Jane Rowe d/o(Eliel Rowe and Martha Ann America White)Jesse and Martha married 1880 in Nacogdoches Co.The Neels were neighbors of the Rowe family and a Rowe daughter Minerva also married Thomas Neel but died in childbirth.Jesse I believe was married first to Mary Elizabeth Neel 1871 a d/o Daniel Neel They went back to Decater Ms and according to the Neel family had a daughter I believe that Sarah Matilda Martin was their daughter someone in the Nunally family has her brothers named as Henry,Samuel and Jesse and James so that seems to point to that conclusion.In the 1900 Fisher Co census Jesse and Martha are listed as having children Henry Eliel,Jesse Samuel,Early,James Monroe,Ida J.,and Arthur.I have found the three death certificates for Henry and James on Family Search and for Jesse on Footnote.I don't know what happened to Ida and Arthur. I heard that Sharon had some pics of these boys and have asked to see them as they would be my grfather Joseph Taylor Rowe's cousins have not heard as to the origins of those pics but if they came from the Nunally family that should point to Sarah as having been the daughter of Jesse Cicero and Mary Neel as that is the only first wife Jesse had I think that Sarah Matilda was born in 1872 why she was not listed with the Neel family and Jesse in the 1880 census for Nacogdoches Co I don't know.I am having the same problem as two of the Rowe daughters died after childbirth Mary and Minerva one of them left a living child as I found a Mary Ragsdale as a heir when I did research at the courthouse in Nacogdoches but no child found on the 1880 census, the younger Eliel Rowe Jr. bought their shares and Martha and Jesse were in Adobe Walls in 1901.I think the William H. Martin family is well documented my email is jryellott@centurytel.net if you need to contact me JoAnn
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JoYellott 3 Oct 2005 1:20PM GMT 
hamroots 11 Mar 2010 7:37AM GMT 
JoYellott 13 Mar 2010 1:38PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions