Search for content in message boards

Looking for info on HR Scott or David Boyle

Replies: 3

Re: Looking for info on HR Scott or David Boyle

Posted: 18 Aug 2012 9:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BOYLE
Hello

Just came upon your post. I am a genealogist based in Glasgow, Scotland. I am carrying out research for USA residing descendants of David Boyle, whom you say pioneered early ammonia compression refrigeration.

Here is what I have on him: I took the said descendants to David Boyle's birthplace at Johnstone, Renfrewshire, Scotland, in 2010 and am currently carrying out more research for the. Whilst some of their family sources say that David Boyle was resident in the Chicago area after 1865, other sources, including yours place him elsewhere?

My research shows that he was born at Johnstone, Renfrewshire c.1837, to David Boyle (b.c.1800, m.1832 Johnstone, d. 1880 Kilmacolm, Renfrewshire) and Agnes Hutton (b.c.1810)). David Boyle married c.1866 to Margaretta Henry, of Irish birth (I am still working on this line). He died, according to my clients, 1891, Mobile AL. My client is his great-granddaughter, a woman in her 70s. Anything you have re his time in your area would be of interest.

Sincerely

Gordon McPhail
Genealogist
www. electricscotland.com/webclans/mcphail/index.htm
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Gaines Evans 23 Aug 2004 5:05PM GMT 
Zonenick 15 Oct 2008 8:57PM GMT 
rubyred78 18 Aug 2012 3:31PM GMT 
astrodebbers 4 Jan 2014 8:04AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions