Search for content in message boards

Grimes in Cherokee Co., Tx

Replies: 10

Re: Grimes in Cherokee Co., Tx

Posted: 11 Jul 2014 1:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
I did the whole Jesse Grimes thing and there is no relation but here is what I found from Peter Grimes Huck and he has a disclaimer as do I. But from where I sit what Peter has all makes sense and it really seems to fit the profile of my family.
Fredrick M. Grimes (named after his Uncle Fredrick Miller Grimes (Sr.) b. Oct. 9, 1849 in Austin Co. Tx. d. March 15, 1909 (info. I already had from mom & my Grandmother Rosa) buried in Lufkin, Tx. m Sally Jane Anderson (dau. of Dr. Calvin Anderson & Elizabeth Stone) b.Oct. 7, 1857 d. May 8, 1941. Rosa visited G.ma Sally often very kind person.
Fred's Father: George Washington Grimes
Mother: Martha Williams b. abt. 1821 in Arkansas

George Washington Grimes b. 1821 in Kentucky. It was assumed he was born in Grimes Co. as researched by a Floyd Wells from Long Beach, Calif. (thus the Jesse Grimes assumption)
Father: George Grimes b abt. 1781 in Rowan Co., North Carolina d. Nov. 15, 1849 Nelsonville, Austin, Co. Tx.
Mother: Eurydice Gardner b. abt 1784 in Bertie C. North Carolina

George Grimes
Father: Jacob Grimes (named after Uncle Jacob from Germany) b. abt 1754 in Berks Co. Pennsylvannia.
Mother: Catherine Miller b. abt 1756

Jacob Grimes
Father: Adam Greim (changes to Grimes upon Immigration) b. abt. 1720 in Germany arrived in Pennsylvania Aug. 25, 1751 on the Ship Anderson with brother Sebastin was documented then migrated to and bought land in Rowan Co. North Carolina. according to some documents.
Mother: Anna Barbara (last name unknown)

Adam Greim (Grimes)
Father: Valentin Greim b.1690 in Unkenbach, Pfalz, Germany immigrated to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in Nov.25 1740 at the age of 50 with his son Jacob then 18 on the Ship Loyal Judith they had to swear allegiance to Britain upon leaving the ship.
Mother: Anna Catharina ?Conradin? or Christina Cordula both are mention but not really sure why in Peter's records and accounts.
This is as far back as Peter's records go. The name may have changed again in Germany or the record keeping may have been poor for the region since the records past Valentin are kind of fuzzy.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SLGrimesScott 11 Jul 2014 7:47PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic