Search for content in message boards

Stell Family

Replies: 10

Re: STELL/ KENNEDY

Posted: 9 Jun 2013 5:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
My name is James Addison Harvick,a descendant of Adam Harvick (Susannah's brother)> his son Adam Strickland Harvick (King's brother), the father of Stricklin Martin Harvick, who is my late grandfather. Adam Harvick's wife was a Cherokee from what my grandmother told me. I can't find any record of her although I wouldn't doubt it as American Indian features are apparent in my father's siblings. Maybe you already have the "Family History and Geneaology of Catherine & Jacob Harvick and Descendants" by Maxine Black and Dee Wotipka. It's the most complete history I've seen so far. There are also references in the secton about Adam Stricklin Harvick to a Cherokee bloodline as well as strong inidan features and dark coloring. The Family History has some family stories and newspaper accounts that are interesting, some even tragic. Do you have any information regarding the wife of Adam Harvick? My grandmother told me she her father in law,Adam Strickland Harvick, was "shot by mistake" by someone who thought he was one of his brothers. My great grandmother, Adam Strickland's wife, was pregnant with my grandfather when he was killed. If you have any information about what happened to him, I would appreciate it if you would share it with me.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bill Horn 17 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Larry L. Cribbs 18 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Bill Horn 20 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Larry L. Cribbs 25 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Dkhsn 4 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Dkhsn 4 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT 
SpacM7 1 Jan 2002 10:45PM GMT 
BPBARNETT464 28 Sep 2010 3:35AM GMT 
jaharvick 9 Jun 2013 11:28AM GMT 
crownclover 31 Jul 2014 2:11PM GMT 
per page