Search for content in message boards

28th Texas Cavalry

Replies: 3

Re: 28th Texas Cavalry

Posted: 6 Sep 2013 1:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Ned, There was only one Wiley Thompson in Forest. He was my Grandfather Miller's Grandfather. He and Miller both ran the store. His son James was killed in the CSA Calvary when they invaded NM, and Az. Millers mother was Tempe. She was red haired with emerald green eyes and married James Dial. James is buried in Peerless, Tx and had 5 more sons. Miller was the Postmaster , Store opr, cattleman , mill opr, and lawman. He caught the last man hanged in Cherokee County in about 1926. He was my Grandfather and died when I was 10 in 1954. His wife was a Townsend and her father Thomas was also a Lt in the CSA as was Wiley. He's buried in Rusk. Wiley had over 25 slaves listed on the tax roles prior to 1864. He came from Ulster Ireland originally. And here from So Carolina, Alabama, Louisana , ect I am Forbis' Dial's only son. Grady had a son Miller David (deceased) and memorial is in Forest. I have 4 sons and 2 daughters and live in Pipe Creek, Tx. James Dial had several bros who lived around Jacksonville Texas. One of their descendants was Charlie Dial and I believe they have Champion Boats
If you need me E mail dialdon@yahoo.com. Don
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jane Johansson 10 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Don Dial 19 Aug 2001 12:50AM GMT 
Ned Coleman 11 Apr 2002 5:25PM GMT 
dialdon1 6 Sep 2013 7:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions