Search for content in message boards

Routh Cemetery, Old City Cemetery

Replies: 29

Wes Burge & Lizzie McFelea

Posted: 24 Nov 2013 10:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Nov 2013 11:00AM GMT
Donna,

My wife Beverly & I have been to both Pecan Grove & Wilson's Chapel Cemeteries.
John Wesley BURGE Jr. & Lizzie M. McFELEA were Beverly's great grandparents. Beverly is descended through Wes Jr. & Lizzie's son, William Thomas (Bill) BURGE & Lucy Emma TAYLOR. Lizzie is supposed to be buried in Pecan Grove Cemetery at McKinney, Collin Co., TX, but there was no listing of her grave site so we don't know whether she is buried there or not.
Wes Jr. is buried in the Pecan Grove Cemetery at McKinney, Collin Co., TX next to his third wife, Minnie CALLAHAN & their daughter, Dora Jewell BURGE.
Dora Jewell died after a goiter on her neck was ruptured in a fall while she was skating.
Wes Jr's parents, John Wesley BURGE Sr. & his wife Julia Ann _____ are buried under a huge live oak tree in the Pecan Grove Cemetery. Their daughter, Julia Ann BURGE SHEWMAKE & her husband William Thomas SHEWMAKE are buried in the same family plot with Wes Sr. & Julia Ann. The SHEWMAKE's baby son, John Wesley SHEWMAKE is also buried there in the family plot with his parents & grandparents.
The live oak tree that they are buried under is the biggest oak tree that I have ever seen.
Wes Jr.'s son, Fred A. BURGE, is buried in Wilson's Chapel Cemetery at McKinney. His mother was Wes Jr.'s second wife, Callie WILCOX.
Wes & Lizzie's son Claude Burge was my wife's great uncle. Claude was known to Beverly as "Uncle Bunk". We met Claude's son, James Claude Burge, at his home in Channelview, Texas. While visiting James one day, we mentioned that we did not know Lizzie's last name. James got his dad's bible & low & behold Claude's parents were listed as Wes Burge & Lizzie McFelea. Beverly was thrilled to death to learn Lizzie's last name.
We would like to exchange family info with you.

Fred & Beverly Downs
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
muddauber40 24 Nov 2013 5:54PM GMT 
neldahuttomar... 30 Apr 2008 3:01PM GMT 
yttocs 1 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT 
MargaretMack5... 3 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Chriscapuchin... 29 Oct 2003 6:13AM GMT 
Chriscapuchin... 21 Jan 2004 1:43AM GMT 
John Scott 21 Jan 2004 3:14AM GMT 
hortboy749 4 Aug 2007 11:15PM GMT 
billybaker54 5 Aug 2007 1:33PM GMT 
Aurora Chancy 6 Aug 2007 3:22AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions