Search for content in message boards

Toliver Cemetery

Replies: 3

Toliver Cemetery

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 11:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Newsome; Meredith, Park
My name is Sylvia Newsome Smith. My father Joseph Edward Newsome only knew that his father's name was Joseph Park Newsome who died in San Angelo, Texas when my father was nine years of age. My father died in 1995 never knowing his grandparents names or where they were buried.

I have recently been told that there are some Newsome names in Toliver Cemetery. Only thing I ever heard was that my father's people lived in Comanche County and that John B. Newsome and Annie Meredith Newsome died of the plaque and that their only son Joseph Park was raised by his Aunt Ida Meredith Park.

I recently spoke to a friend who lived next door to my parents who said, "My mother lived about a mile from Toliver Cemetery in Lampkin, Texas and says there are some Newsome's buried there.

My cousins have gone to the national archives and looked everywhere trying to find our ancestors...to no avail.

I am 74 years of age and hope to find out before I leave this earth if this is true. My entire family would be so
happy to learn anything about my father's family. My grandfather Joseph Park Newsome is buried in San Angelo, Texas. My father and mother, Joseph Edward and Josephine DiMare Newsome are buried at Mt. Olivet Cemetery in Dickinson, Texas.

If anyone knows of any Newsome people buried in Comanche County, please be kind enough to contact me at sylviadody@aol.com.

Any news would be so appreciated!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Sylvia Newsome Smith
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sylviadody 28 Feb 2012 6:59AM GMT 
jerryqgrisham 10 Jul 2012 3:22AM GMT 
sylviadody 10 Jul 2012 5:05PM GMT 
sylviadody 10 Jul 2012 5:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic