Search for content in message boards

Lorenzo Dow Riddle c. 1900

Replies: 5

Re: Lorenzo Dow Riddle c. 1900

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 10:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
I believe that Lorenzo Dow Riddles was my great-grandfather.

I believe the family of your wife is a member of his second family with wife Florence.

My grandfather was Richard Evans Riddle. He was the son of Anne, first wife of Lorenzo Dow Riddles. He was born in 1862 in Dublin, TX. His father was an itinerant schoolteacher and peanut farmer.

I have a photo. It is either Lorenzo Dow or Richard Evans. I never knew my father or anything about his family. I did become acquainted in the last few years of her life, with his only surviving sister.

She told me several things about Richard E. Riddle, but she never mentioned that he was a schoolteacher. Since Lorenzo Dow was a school teacher, the photo may be of him.

I have had a difficult time following this family as I had little or no personal knowledge to go on. I do not belong to any pay for information site such as Ancestry.com. and the conclusions I have come to are my interpretation of what I have been able to piece together from census records and what my aunt had told me.

I would be interested in anything you are able to learn about this family.

Thanks.

aznor@mac.com

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
John Weiser 11 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT 
dorholub 24 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT 
mtw_old_booki... 13 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Dusty Keith Williams 12 Jan 2004 11:01PM GMT 
mhartmeier94 4 Jun 2012 1:55AM GMT 
NormaFisher34 16 Feb 2013 5:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions