Search for content in message boards

David L. Copeland and Samuel S. Copeland

Replies: 5

Re: David L. Copeland and Samuel S. Copeland

Posted: 20 Jul 2014 3:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Those "suggested records hints", by, are sometimes misleading. You have a birth location of St. Clair, MO for her. What's your source? Ditto on the marriage location, Morgan, MO, what's the source? In my research experience, people tended to remain in central locations for several years. Even after relocation to another state, they settled. Difficult to move frequently when animal-power is your primary source of locomotion? That leads me to discuss a technique I employ on difficult searches. "Consider geography during research." My thoughts are they resided near the Arkansas border prior to relocating to that state? In 1860, David was found in Wright, MO (two counties north of Arkansas' border). In 1870, the married couple found in Texas, MO (east of and attached to Wright, MO). Access to their Civil War Pension Applications may prove invaluable in solving this question? He filed as an invalid, 7 Jun 1890, and she renewed as a widow, 14 Feb 1900. Routinely, the widows made note of their marriage dates and locations. If geography was a factor in their early lives then consider the family of John Derrick found 1850 Dallas County-District 26-Image 63? Dallas County is northwest of and near Wright. If that's the correct family, then you've found another generation? James Derrick on the same image was probably John's father? His wife was Rebecca Herd and they wed 23 Apr 1831 in Greene, IL. Unable to locate marriage for John and Rebecca. I'm not related or acquainted.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ron Woods 23 Aug 2004 3:17AM GMT 
MargaretClark... 27 Aug 2004 7:46PM GMT 
dubandfran 19 Jul 2014 10:24PM GMT 
HL2604 20 Jul 2014 9:41AM GMT 
dubandfran 10 Sep 2014 7:57PM GMT 
dubandfran 10 Sep 2014 8:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic