Search for content in message boards

Luella Belle Saylors

Replies: 1

Luella Belle Saylors

Posted: 8 Aug 2013 9:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Burrus, Pendergraft, Warden, Saylors
Subject person was d/o William Overton and Rebecca Burrus b. 1869 in Gainesville. She first wed to Isham Lafayette Pendergraft in Nov 1886 in Clay Co TX. The Pendergrafts moved North to the Deadwood area of South Dakota sometime in the 1890's. Belle appeared as widow in Deadwood in the 1900 Fed Census. Within a couple years she had remarried to a HI J. Warden in Deadwood and the new couple had a son Hiram in 1904. She next appeared as a widow again in the 1910 Fed Census living in Denver. Husband Warden had died in SD in 1908. She next appeared in the 1915 SD state census living back in Deadwood. The next twenty years of her life are presently a mystery until late 1934. I discovered a marriage record between her and Joseph Thomas Saylors from 29 Dec 1934 in Gainesville, proving she had moved back to her home town at some point prior to that date. Mr. Saylors was a long time Paris, TX resident who had been previously married to Cora Walton. Cora passed on in late 1931. Apparently, the marriage between Tommy and Belle was stormy, as they were both still alive, but living separately by the 1940 Fed Census. Tommy was back home in Paris and Belle was living with a sister in Cochise Co, AZ. Belle died in Los Angeles in late 1945. She was my great, great grandmother. I am mainly interested in closing the 20 year gap from 1915 to 1935 where she seemingly dropped off the radar, but any information or recollections about her and her related Burrus-Pendergraft-Saylors relatives of Cooke, Clay, Wichita, and Lamar counties are welcome. She would have most likely been going by Belle Warden then, but may have also used her first name Luella during that same time. Thank you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
teedawg73 8 Aug 2013 3:43PM GMT 
MarionParker9... 25 Sep 2013 10:47AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions