GEORGE B. MEDLIN was born on Little Pee Dee River near Fayetteville, North Carolina, July 13th 1802, departed this life at his son's SAMUEL MEDLIN in Coryell County the 5th of February 1880 at the age of eight one years. At age twenty-five he professed religion and joined the M.E. Church. In 1849, he joined the M.E. Church, South, in its organization at Coffeeyville, Upshur Co., Tx. He was buried with Masonic honors in the church-yard in Bullard Cove." Copied from Methodist Newspaper.( M.E. Church was the Methodist Episcopal Church.) Can some one please tell me where Bullards Cove would be?
GEORGE B. MEDLIN m. NANCY ANN JACKSON and they had the following children:
1. MALINDA JANE MEDLIN, b. April 15, 1831 in TN.; d. June 1926 in Coryell Co.; m. JAMES WILKINS POWELL.
2. SAMUEL ALEXANDER MEDLIN born 1839 in Tex.; d. in AZ. m. 1st to ELIZABETH JONES July 19, 1961 in Coryell Co. m. 2nd to WINNA ANN ROPER Dec 24, 1877 in Coryell Co. (Need descendants of SAM MEDLIN.
3. JOHN LAFAYETTE MEDLIN was born 1841 in TX.; d 29 Dec 1884 in the Charity Hospital in New Orleans, LA.; m. 1st. to SUSAN A. HALEY Feb 9, 1864 in Coryell Co.; m. 2nd to LUCINDA BROOKSHIRE in 1876.
4. NANCY ANN MEDLIN b. 1844 in TX. m. GEORGE W. JONES, July 19, 1861 in Coryell Co. (Need their descendants)
5. ISABELLA ESTHER MEDLIN, born Aug 5, 1846 in Upshur Co., TX.; d. Jan 21, 1931 in Eastland Co., TX. bur. Romney Cemetery. m. COLOMBOS BASHAM Feb 11, 1872 in Coryell Co. (Need their descendants)
RACHEL CHARLOTTE MEDLIN, born 1850 in Upshur Co., TX. She m. T. J. C. Reeves in Coryell Co. (Need their descendants)
6. BETHUCA CALDONIA MEDLIN b. 1852; m. in Coryell Co. but I do not know who to. (Need information on her)
7. MARTHA GEORGIANNE MEDLIN b. Jan 10, 1855 at Coffeeville, Upshur Co., TX. d. Payson ?, Yavapai Co., AZ. m. GEORGE THOMAS GREER Sep 27, 1871 in Coryell Co. (Need information on the Greers and their descendants.)
14512 FM 811
Centerville, TX. 75833