Search for content in message boards

Terry? or Corder?

Replies: 1

Re: Terry? or Corder?

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 7:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
UPDATE: I definitely think her maiden name was Terry.

Her death certificate gives her maiden name as Terry. I also have four of her children's death certificates which also list her maiden name as Terry and her own marriage record in Colorado County on October 30, 1890 gives her maiden name as Terry. So, that makes at least six records giving her maiden name as Terry.

It's seeming more and more like she was an illegitimate birth. Her own obituary does not give parent names. I have an obituary for her brother, Hilliard Boulden Corder, who lists her as his sister. Lou's mother was Susan Virginia Terry and she married Samuel M.P. Corder on December 15, 1875 (four years after Lou's birth). The other children born to them were born after this date, including Hilliard Boulden Corder.

I would like to find the obituaries for the other Corder children and also for her parents. I bet there are obituaries for all of them.

I'm guessing since at least half of her children knew her mother's maiden name was the same as her own mother's maiden name, that SOMEONE knew the story behind her father at one point but, that has been lost to the descendants now.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Juliet_Hender... 2 Apr 2013 10:34PM GMT 
Juliet_Hender... 26 Apr 2013 1:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions