Search for content in message boards

Rev. EC Burroughs

Replies: 3

Re: Rev. EC Burroughs

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 11:13AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Burroughs/Burris
Thanks so much for your reply! I have the 1870 /1880 census records on my ancestry.com family tree.I have the record of marriage to Silest in 1885. My grandfather states that he found he was "unlawfully" wed to Silest and their marriage ended. He then married my grandmother Maggie E Martin in 1897. He kept the children of his first marriage and I'm happy to say that I have met this ,formerly lost to me, branch of my family over the summer in Detroit, Michigan! I have not been able however to find any siblings of my grandfather or any history of this Central Baptist Church. I am also unable to find any info on my great grandparents Burris(Burroughs) or Martin. The trail peters out after the death of my Burroughs grandparents by 1939 and 1943 respectively and Logan Martin in 1911. I have not been able to find a death record for Roseanna Burris or Martha Martin.I did find a death record for Daniel Burris. The census records for the Burroughs/Burris siblings ends at 1880. I don't know if this means these siblings died or married and left the area. I took the DNA test but have not found any Burroughs connections yet. I have met a Martin relative. I appreciate your response and any informational direction you could point me to would be helpful.

Thanks! Sheila
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sgatling113 16 Oct 2012 1:41AM GMT 
HL2604 16 Oct 2012 3:58AM GMT 
HL2604 16 Oct 2012 4:24AM GMT 
sgatling113 16 Oct 2012 5:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions