Search for content in message boards

Clemmie Lane Ramsey Mamie Brisendine 1910 Dallas

Replies: 0

Clemmie Lane Ramsey Mamie Brisendine 1910 Dallas

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 10:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lane Downing Ramsey Brisendine
I'm trying to determine what became of two members of this household:

The 1910 US Census for Dallas County includes the household of "Clemmie Ramsey." She is listed as a widow, born abt 1878. It also says she has 4 out of 4 children still living. She was born Clementine Lane, who, according to her daughter's death certificate, married "C D Ramsey."

Also in the household is her daughter Elsie Ramsey, 2, who died just a month later in 1910.

There is also Clemmie's mother, Charity M [Downing] Lane, who died two years later.

Finally, there is Clemmie's 10 year old niece, "Mamie Brisentine" which is a misspelling of Brisendine. "Mamie's" mother was Archie Lane who married Allen Brisendine. It appears Archie Lane died in child birth. Allen Brisendine remarried in 1902.

I am trying to find out what became of Clemmie Lane Ramsey and Mamie Brisentine. Both disappear after the 1910 Census. My hope is both married in Dallas and it is simply a matter that their last names changed.

I am also trying to find some record of Clemmie Lane's marriage to "C D Ramsey." I cannot find the couple's marriage record, and I cannot find Clemmie or her husband in the 1900 Census, nor any information about their other three children.

If anyone can help in this, I would really appreciate it. I live on the other side of the country and am unable to visit the Dallas library to do research.

Thank you so much!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions