Search for content in message boards

Obituary look up for Newburn S. Kennedy

Replies: 4

Obituary look up for Newburn S. Kennedy

Posted: 7 Aug 2014 8:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kennedy, Mundie
Newburn or Nubern was my great-grandfather's youngest brother. He was born 15 October 1897 TN or OK died November 6, 1990 in Dallas County, TX. He is buried as 'Shorty Kennedy' in Laurel Oaks Memorial Park. He was married to Gertrude Mundie. They had several children who were cousins to my grandfather (I think a couple of them may still be living? Unsure but this isn't intended for me to hassle them. I didn't get to know grandpa (mom was 3 months pregnant with me when he died). Nor did I even get to know my mom's direct Kennedy kin as they weren't very close.

This is completely for records as I've been asking about my Kennedy family since I was 8 years old. I'm almost 40 now. Now all my Kennedys are gone except my aunt and uncle who do not know any additional information. My mom died almost four years ago and I can't explain it but looking for info on her family helps. She was only 61.

So if someone could look up his obit I would appreciate it. If someone from the family sees this and wants to compare info all the better. I located Newburn on 1900 census with my great-grandfather Arthur, followed him forward, and that is how I have the info I have.

Thank you in advance!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
AndreainArkan... 7 Aug 2014 2:11PM GMT 
Brightstarr10 8 Aug 2014 3:27AM GMT 
AndreainArkan... 8 Aug 2014 3:42PM GMT 
AndreainArkan... 8 Aug 2014 3:45PM GMT 
Brightstarr10 11 Aug 2014 12:30AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic