Search for content in message boards

Walter J. Row

Replies: 3

Re: Walter J. Row

Posted: 6 Jul 2014 10:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
How to: start with WWI Draft Registration. Males born 1871-1900 were eligible and most complied. Walter registered in Denton with birth 23 Dec 1888 in Fannin County, TX. The birth location might be suspect but 1900 Fannin is a good place to continue research. You'll find Walter Row as the youngest son of Silas (53) and Nancy (46). You're on your way now! Since everyone was born in Illinois, simply reopen the search template and look for anyone born in Illinois after 1865 and residing in Fannin. Chances are they'll be related to Silas Row? Where did I get 1865 as a focal point? I jumped ahead and clicked on Silas' name. There is a marriage record for Silas Caleb Row to Nancy Rachael Hancock, 14 Sep 1865, in Montgomery County, IL. At this point, you can either search in reverse for Silas or see what others have researched. To see family trees: point your mouse at "Search" in the header bar of ancestry.com. Scroll to "Public Member Trees" then click. After the search template opens, find the area for "Family Member". Click the tab opposite "Choose" then pull-down to display father. Enter Silas Caleb Row in the appropriate boxes. Click + Add family members then repeat the previous step to display mother. Enter Nancy Rachael Hancock. Enter Illinois in the "Location" box under "Birth" subheading. Click "Search" then select tree(s) for review by click on the name(s) to open. Please choose those trees with the most documentation? That indicates the owner(s) have performed thorough research but in all case, validate the info presented? I'm not related or acquainted.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
anbec7578 24 Oct 2005 2:54PM GMT 
Wilma 27 Oct 2005 1:36AM GMT 
denniswaldrip 6 Jul 2014 3:08PM GMT 
HL2604 6 Jul 2014 4:50PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions