Search for content in message boards

GRESHAM & GLAZE surnames, moved from GA to TX around 1890

Replies: 5

Re: GRESHAM & GLAZE surnames, moved from GA to TX around 1890

Posted: 28 Jul 2013 4:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gresham, Self, Wiley
A. B. Gresham and L. A. Wiley are possibilities. However...

What the 1900 Census doesn't show is that Luther Elton Gresham and Marvin Ellis Gresham have an older brother, William Edward Gresham, born 23 Nov 1882 in Carthage Dallas County, Arkansas (and whose 1945 Texas death certificate also doesn't give his parents' names!). My husband is a grandson of Marvin, who died first, and whose obituary mentions William.

sgtgtesham has in his possession the July 1, 1880 marriage certificate for a John L. Gresham and Lucinda V. Self in Franklin County, Arkansas (which is also recorded in the Arkansas County Marriages collection at FamilySearch.org). If it's the original and it was passed down via his grandfather Luther, I'm betting that's his and my husband's great-grandparents.

I have wondered though what would have taken them to Mississippi for Marvin's birth - maybe John L. had Gresham kin there?? I notice that an A. B. Gresham and Laura Ann Gresham are buried at Bethlehem Cemetery, New Albany, Union County, Mississippi. I'm thinking Union County may be the place to search for John L. Gresham's parents!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mdbosco 26 Oct 2008 9:41PM GMT 
PaSain 27 Oct 2008 4:31AM GMT 
mdbosco 27 Oct 2008 6:21AM GMT 
sgtgtesham 3 Jul 2013 9:07AM GMT 
HL2604 3 Jul 2013 5:10PM GMT 
riofriotex 28 Jul 2013 10:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions