Search for content in message boards

Ann Elizabeth Terrill, Oct. 1896, Denton, Texas

Replies: 5

Ann Elizabeth Terrill, Oct. 1896, Denton, Texas

Posted: 7 Feb 2014 9:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Terrill
I am desperately seeking an obituary for this woman, died Oct. 22, 1896. She was the wife of Reuben Willis Terrill and they had six children.

She supposedly died in Young County (Graham is the seat) but she lived in Denton for nearly 20 years before she died and the family was in Denton this whole time, before and after her death. So there is no reason to think the obituary would be in a Young Co. paper.

She was relatively young (48) and my thoughts are the family was traveling to visit relatives, which they had in various Northeast Texas counties and that she suddenly died or there was an accident.

But the search, at least in the Graham Leader, is halted there because, according to the archivist there, the newspapers in question were borrowed in 1978 and never returned so could not be microfilmed in 1979 with the rest of them.

I have limited funds and cannot search beyond what is free or already included in my ancestry.com membership, so I have not been able to search the Denton newspapers for that time period.

I am almost certain there would have been an obit in the Denton paper. The R.W. Terrill family was prominent in Denton life. They were active in the Baptist Church, both in Denton and through regional Baptist conferences. Their children were all college educated, either locally (North Texas Normal) or in Tennessee. The father and one son were involved in real estate in that area during this time.

You could be helping a great many people find the answer to this question, as none of the Terrill researchers, at least on this website, have been able to find any proof of her death. As many of you might already know, Texas did not require Death and Birth certificates until 1903.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
matamy1 7 Feb 2014 4:54PM GMT 
Brightstarr10 8 Feb 2014 7:57AM GMT 
kwilly1 8 Feb 2014 10:19PM GMT 
matamy1 8 Feb 2014 11:17PM GMT 
matamy1 9 Feb 2014 7:35PM GMT 
NORMANLEWIS 14 Feb 2014 1:18AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic