Search for content in message boards

Asa Simmons.....

Replies: 0

Asa Simmons.....

Posted: 27 Jun 2014 11:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Simmons; Malone, Simonton, Calhoun, Brownfield
Judy, thank you so much for your reply. The querie was from me. The Simmons who married Mary Ann Malone, she was from my Malone family. Mary Ann Malone was the daughter of my David Malone, who died in Bienville Parish on his Birthday, in Dec 1860. I descend from David and his second wife, Martha Gresham, she was the dau of Wm R. Gresham and his wife Sarah Fletcher (in Copiah co MS), Martha was the granddau of Littleberry Gresham and his wife Elizabeth Rhodes. I am in the DAR and just did a supplemental on Littleberry Gresham.
David Malone died in 1860 in Bienville Parish on his 60th birthday. A traveling photographer shot and killed him. David's 2nd wife, Martha Gresham died in 1862. The kids were farmed out to relatives. I further descend from one of their last Malone children, Myra Medora Malone who married James Walter Simonton. One family that Myra Medora lived with was the Simmons family.
David Malone and his second wife Martha left Copiah co MS by 1845 and moved to Brushy Valley, and Friendship, Bienville Parish LA. There is no 1850 census for this parish, they are in the 1860 census.
I am also looking for another Simmons. One of my ancestors, Archibald Calhoun, married in 1830 in GA, a Simmons. Have not been able to find anyone who knows anything about the Simmons in Talbot co GA at this time. Their oldest dau Harriet V. Calhoun, b. 1832, married James Hamilton Simonton. Harriet is buried in the Alabama Presby Ch cemetery in Choudrant. James Hamilton Simonton is buried in the cy in Athens LA in his sister's plot, she was Sarah Simonton who m. James or John Brownfield.
I would love to hear from you if you know of any of these people or have encountered anyone working on any of these people. I have a lot of information but am always looking for more. Jackie Helmke, San Antonio, TX. Vernon is my husband.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions