Search for content in message boards

john moy family

Replies: 2

Re: john moy family

Posted: 26 Apr 2014 10:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Apr 2014 10:43AM GMT
Martha Lucinda (Lucy) Wilson-Moy (the wife of John Moy Jr and sister-in-law mentioned in rstevenjohnson1 post) was a 2nd cousin to me. She was known and called by "Marthy Lucindy" by her birth family. She was daughter of John Newton Wilson & Susan Frances Cohran. She was maternal grand daughter of John W Cohran and Martha Jane Byd-Cohran-Suther. She was paternal grand daughter of James Hamilton Wilson Sr & Lucinda E Webb-Wilson. She was maternal great grand daughter of James "Jim" Byrd & Elizabeth Bevers-Byrd. She was paternal great granddaughter of Joseph Walter Wilson & Sarah (Sallie) B Donalson-Wilson.

I am related via her maternal side. Her maternal grandmother: Martha Jane Byrd-Cohran-Suther was a sister to my maternal 2nd great grandmother Sarah (Sadie) Frances Byrd-Shelton who married my 2nd great grandfather John Elbert Shelton.

I would very much like to get more information on this tragic murder of the Moy family. The article you refer to says they were murdered in their home, The Danysh place on Smith Creek does that mean they were tenants of the Danysh farm? Would this be the Konstantin Danysh family property? The only article I have found in whole was published in 1963 which said they had recently had a conflict with their landlord, but it was settled with no grudges. It does not state who their landlord was - perhaps it was the Danysh family owned property on which they lived? The article also states the Moy family was in process of moving totally after Christmas and John had spent the day of the murder moving farm equipment to the new location in which they would be moving to after Christmas. The article also incorrectly (I think it is wrong) states that they had a older son Valentino Moy who was not living at home at the time of murder (only survivor of the family) and that he was living in San Antonio in 1963 when this article was published. I think this statement is wrong. I think Valentino was actually Valentino "Ventey" Frank Moy born in Dec 1909 to Joseph Moy and wife Veronica "Vergie" Moczygamba (joseph a son a son of Valentino Moy who was a brother to John Moy Sr). John Moy Jr was the son of John Moy Sr who was a brother to Valentino's father (both being sons of Lukas Moy & Mary Skarupa Krupa-Moy). .

Valentino's father died in 1909 (leaving his mother, Veronica/Vergie a widow with several children at home) and it is possible he may have lived with John Moy Jr and wife Martha Lucinda Wilson-Moy temporarily after Valentino's father died in 1909, but I do not think that this Valentino was an older son of John Moy Jr and Martha Lucinda Wilson-Moy. In fact, I think he was a son of the Joe Moy (a brother) statement that you mention in your post. So Valentino is related, but not a son of John Moy Jr & Martha Lucinda Wilson-Moy. Does anyone have any family information to confirm Valentino's relation and the validity of this 1963 article? I have copy of Valentino's TX DC which the informant was his daughter Betty Jean Moy-Mattke and she knew the mother's name but not the father's name (per DC). The mother's name on the DC is also the documented wife of Joseph Joe Moy - NOT John Moy Jr. but why wouldn't his daughter have known the father's name (he died in 1909 leaving wife Veronica a widow with several children still at home).

My direct email is: Lynda@tableshuffleboard.org if anyone has items to send that cannot be uploaded to an ancestry message. Thanks for any help. This was a horrific murder to have never been solved in now almost 90 years!

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
d. schaefer 6 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT 
rstevenjohnso... 6 Jul 2011 10:55PM GMT 
LyndaLehmann 26 Apr 2014 4:31PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic