Search for content in message boards

Augustus B Hoover - Facts From Estate Court Case

Replies: 3

Augustus B Hoover - Facts From Estate Court Case

Posted: 14 Oct 2012 8:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Oct 2012 9:30AM GMT
Surnames: Hoover - Pape - Black - Arnold - Griffin - Choate - Byrd - Beatty - Nolen
Oct 14, 2012.

I (Michael Scott Hoover) while researching the Eastland County Court Record, found the following Info:
(This info will cause many Hoover & Kin Trees to have to be revised)

I will include the copies of the actual court papers on my family tree…but here is the facts found:

On July 29th 1914 in the Case # 2444 in Book J page beginning page158 in Eastland County Texas Court Records,
John Henry Hoover asks the court to decide how the Estate of Augustus B Hoover is to be divided.

The court hears the following facts:

Augustus B Hoover was married twice. John Henry Hoover’s mother is this first wife (not said in court, but from John Henry Hoover’s death certificate we know she was Louisa (Pape) Hoover) and she (Louisa) died early in life. (Confirmed by census records, and died possibly from complications of the birth of John Henry) and that John Henry Hoover is alive and present at the Eastland County Court House on 29 Jul 1914

Augustus B Hoover married second Livisa Black and had the following Children of this marriage and were alive and present at the Eastland County Court House on 29 Jul 1914
WM Hoover (William M Hoover)
Joe Hoover (Joseph Hoover)
Mollie (Hoover) Arnold - wife of JR Arnold
Elizabeth (Hoover) Griffin - wife of CJ Griffin
Gerusia Ellen (Hoover) Byrd - wife of TO Byrd
AF Hoover (Adolph Franklin Hoover)

Also submitted as facts that the son George Hoover died after his mother (Livisa Black Hoover in 1902) and before his father Augustus B Hoover
Alive and present in court, are George’s heirs:
Wife: Lee (Choate) Hoover and Children:
Mary (Hoover) Beatty - wife of JW Beatty
Lula Levisa (Hoover) Nolen - wife of Charley W Nolen
Thomas Hoover
Dred Hoover
Also entered as fact : son Willie Hoover died at age 19, after his father George, but before the court date

…Cousins, I wish I would have found this info about Augustus having being married twice, earlier when I first started the Augustus Hoover Tree…it would have saved me the editing that I am going to do now promptly…but thus is the “nature of family history”, as you find facts, you add them…

Michael Scott Hoover
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
msh590908A 14 Oct 2012 2:53PM GMT 
HL2604 14 Oct 2012 4:45PM GMT 
msh590908A 14 Oct 2012 4:54PM GMT 
HL2604 14 Oct 2012 5:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic