Search for content in message boards

Dr. William Anderson Oatman

Replies: 6

Dr. William Anderson Oatman

Chris Shuford (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2005 10:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Oatman, Crosthwait, Bunton
I am looking for the burial site of one of my maternal great-great-grandfather's, Dr. William Anderson Oatman. Dr. Oatman was born in Indiana in 1827, and died in Barksdale, Texas in 1903. He was married to Elizabeth Howell Bunton (ca. 1837 - ca. 1870), daughter of John Wheeler Bunton, one of the founders of the Republic of Texas, and Mary H. Howell, who both hailed from Gallatin, Tennessee. Dr. and Mrs.Oatman had three children who survived into adulthood, Dr. Victor Oatman, John Oatman and my great-grandmother, Mary May Oatman Crosthwait, who married my great-grandfather, David Miller Crosthwait, about 1880.

By the way, J. W. Bunton and Mary Howell Bunton are members of the same clan from whom LBJ and Lucius Desha Bunton, a celebrated west Texas judge who died several years ago, descend. John Wheeler Bunton was the great-great-uncle of LBJ, as his younger brother was Robert Holmes Bunton, LBJ's great-grandfather. My g-g-g-grandparents, J. W. Bunton and Mary Howell Bunton, are interred in the state cemetery in Austin.

So far, I have been unsuccessful in locating any definitive information about the Oatmans' burial site. Anyone having any information about the Oatmans, or suggestions on where to look, please contact me at my e-mail address, or leave a message on the board. Thanks.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Chris Shuford 27 Aug 2005 4:45PM GMT 
PhyllisKing77 6 Aug 2006 12:50AM GMT 
chitapita1 8 Jun 2008 10:30PM GMT 
chrishuford1 11 Mar 2009 10:29PM GMT 
carlos martin... 4 Aug 2013 1:30PM GMT 
carlos martin... 4 Aug 2013 3:22PM GMT 
samix 1 Aug 2009 12:01PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic