Search for content in message boards

Bradford - Hodges

Replies: 0

Bradford - Hodges

Posted: 7 Apr 2010 5:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bradford, Shanklin, Hodges, Yett, White
In the book Families of Kimble County (Texas) Volume 1 page 71 there is a picture of Mary Ellen Shanklin Bradford (widow of Middleton Moore Bradford) listed as taken in 1910. It appears as though the picture may have been cropped or that there may be a part of the photo (on the left side) missing. I base this on the fact that Mary Ellen is not centered in the photo and is at the extreme left side of it.
My Great Great Grandfather, John A. Hodges, was married to Mary Ellen Shanklin Bradford on 31 May 1910 in Junction, Kimble County, Texas (Kimble County, Texas Marriage Records - Vol. 1, page 284).
On the 1920 census John and Mary with stepson Guy B. Bradford were living in Justice Precinct #8 Kimble County, Texas. On the 1930 census John was listed as married but was living in Junction as a boarder with the James W. Hammond family. On the 1930 census Mary E. Hodges was living with her son Guy in Precinct #3 in Kerr County, Texas. The census lists her as divorced.
I am currently seeking a record of their divorce.
I would like to locate the current owner of the photo to determine if it might be of John and Mary as it was supposed to be taken about the time of their marriage. If this photo exists and contains a gentleman in it I would like to obtain a copy as I believe that it might possibly be John A. Hodges.
The article on the Middleton Moore Bradford and Mary Ellen Shanklin Bradford family was submitted by Opal Udel (Del) Bradford White. Del was the daughter of Lindsay Wheat Bradford (son of Middleton Moore and Mary E. Shanklin Bradford) and Maude Olah Yett and the wife of Edwin Hardy White Sr.
Thank you.
Huba Hodges Price
1898 Cumberland Rd.
Bates City, Missouri 64011
altekorporal@yahoo.com

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions