Search for content in message boards

Hardeman Cemetery

Replies: 6

Hardeman Cemetery

Jean Caddel (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 1999 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hardeman, John, Vereen, Snow
Looking for descendants of John M. Hardeman. Came to Texas from Tennessee before 1836 when he enlisted in the army of Texas. Received bounty land grant in Walker Cty for his service - assigned pat to Moses Evans. Liisted on Washington Co. Republic of Texas Census in 1840 & US. Census 1850.

Moved to Ellis Co. sometime between 1850 & Sept. of 1857, when his first wife, Mary d. in Ellis Co. & is buried in the family cemetery on the land which he bought. Married again to Malinda J ? between 1860 & 1880; d. in 1891 & is buried beside his wife, Mary.

One of his daughters, Martha "Mattie" married Robert John, born in May Co., MO. Both of them are buried in this cemetery. - she in 1906; he in 1910. They have two small sons buried there, and one other John child - probably a grandson. There is also one small Hardeman child, probably a grandson of John & Mary. Only other two names are a young man Vereen and one infant, Margaret Snow. At least this is all that are known.

There was once a Texas Centenial marker on John Hardeman's grave, but it has been removed to another place, since the cemetery was in disrepair, and being destroyed.

I'm hoping some descendant or descendants of these families will contact me and take an interest in seeing that this historical cemetery is restored. It would take little work, except for repairing the stones (two are not broken but off of the bases.) Three we have not been able to locates, but know they were once there. Please contact me if you are a descendant or relation of any of these people. It is on private property, but the owner is very inteested in this old family cemetery.

Jean C.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jean Caddel 14 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Jean Caddel 5 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT 
ElaineAlexand... 25 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Peggy Snow Ganowsky 23 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Jean Caddel 27 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT 
msfox111 9 Nov 2012 1:31AM GMT 
caroldgillesp... 9 Nov 2012 8:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions