Search for content in message boards

Stephens Family From Tennessee in Ellis County, 1910

Replies: 3

Stephens Family From Tennessee in Ellis County, 1910

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 11:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stephens, Pierce, Fox
I am researching John Henry Stephens and his brother Thomas Emery Stephens. John Henry was born in Iowa in 1878 to George W. Stephens and Nebraska Fox. Emery was born in 1880 in Kentucky. According to the 1880 census, the family lived in Chattanooga, TN. The information stops there until 1900 when John Henry and Thomas Emery are living in Ellis County, TX. John Henry is listed as a boarder under William Counts. Thomas Emery is listed as a boarder under John R Ray. Levi Fox, Jr. (Nebraska's brother, b:1854) also moves from Chattanooga with his wife Sofia Camilla Ray to Ellis Co. The 1900 census states they live in Justice Precinct 1 with their children. John Henry marries Annie R. Pierce around 1902 and they have two sons: Robbie Lorraine and Bascom Dupree. Annie R. Pierce dies in 1905 after the birth of Bascom Dupree. She is buried in Bardwell at Elm Branch Cemetery. John Henry then marries Sallie A. Stevens. They have a son, Jack, and are living in Waxahachie in 1910. In 1915, they are living in Ralls, Crosby, TX. I am looking for information on John Henry and Thomas Emery for the years between 1880 and 1900. Also, I am interested in their parents, George W. and Nebraska Stephens. I cannot find records of their deaths, so I am unsure if they also came to Texas. I also cannot find information regarding George W.'s birth other than it was in Tennessee. Any information (no matter how small) about this family is greatly appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tcusuperfrog1 30 Mar 2013 5:18PM GMT 
HL2604 30 Mar 2013 7:02PM GMT 
tcusuperfrog1 30 Mar 2013 8:36PM GMT 
tcusuperfrog1 30 Mar 2013 8:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic