Search for content in message boards

Can anyone Identify Persons in Photo

Replies: 2

Re: Need Help

Posted: 3 Mar 2013 9:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WHITFIELD, Bullard, Lowe(Lough), Southern, Terry, Bigby, Ketchum.
Hey, Randy! I just may ACCIDENTALLY have a clue or 2 for you! When I read your post and saw the photo, the people looked sort of familiar, so I started going thru my 3,300+ pictures on ancestry, because a lot of my relatives wound up in Erath Co., Texas, too. To see my photos, go on ancestry and do a search for me, Melanie McCoy, b. 1946, Oklahoma City, OK. When you get into my tree, search for these people:
1. THOMAS WHITFIELD BIGBY:1848-1916. He & his wife could be a younger version of some in your photo. He was born & died in OK, and I haven't figured out how he got the middle name Whitfield yet. He is of Cherokee descent.
2. MARGARET KELSEY KETCHUM, Cherokee descent: 1858-1932, ERATH CO., TEXAS.
3. MARTHA ANN BULLARD, Cherokee: 1821-1889, ERATH CO., TEXAS.
Margaret & Martha's faces closely resemble those of the women in your photo.
Martha Ann Bullard married a Southern, their dtr. m. a Lowe(Lough), their Lowe son married a Terry. All these families spent many years in Erath Co.
Margaret Kelsey (m. a Ketchum) is from an offshoot of the same LOWE families in Erath Co.
Please, Please, write and tell me who you suspect your photo to be, and for whom you are looking in Erath Co., OK?
I've just got to know who these people are.
You are welcome to use any and all info on my tree. Help yourself. Do you have a tree on ancestry? May I look at it, and if so, what name do I look up to find it?
I really hope to hear from you soon. Good luck!
Melanie McCoy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RandyJohnston... 27 Feb 2013 3:50PM GMT 
Melanie McCoy 4 Mar 2013 4:56AM GMT 
RandyJohnston... 4 Mar 2013 2:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions