Search for content in message boards

Isaac Cowan Evans and Isaac Newton Evans

Replies: 2

Isaac Cowan Evans and Isaac Newton Evans

Posted: 20 Jul 2012 12:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Evans, Hamilton
Does anyone have any good sources linking this possible father and son? I am fairly sure that Isaac Cowan Evans (son of Samuel Robinson Evans) lived in Falls County in 1860 with his family but that most of them ended up in Bell County by 1880. If I am correct Isaac Cowan Evans and Amanda White had seven children and the only info I know is names for the most part based on the 1860 census and some post 1860 sources. The children may be:

Willie (no more info than his name)
Laura who for sure is Laura Ann Evans (later Horton) who dies in 1945. Verified by her death cert.
I.N. I think this is Isaac Newton who married Margaret Hamilton
M.B. (female, no other info)
Ada (some people have this the same as Ada Mitchel Evans (later Boyd) who died in Oklahoma, I am not 100% on it yet though)
Anna (who appears to have married Margaret Hamilton's brother John Franklin Hamilton in 1880 and moved to Runnels county)

That makes 6 kids and Laura (Evans) Horton's obituary says there were 7. The biggest isue is that I have had no luck finding the Evans family on the 1870 census ANYWHERE. Does anyone have any information to help fill in the gap and possibly connect all these people? I see a lot of partial connections on here but with no sources. I believe what I have in my tree is right because there is a LOT of circumstantial evidence but I really would like something more concrete. I have plenty of info to share in return.

Thanks!

Reed
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
reedogeo 20 Jul 2012 6:08AM GMT 
PaSain 21 Jul 2012 7:42PM GMT 
reedogeo 21 Jul 2012 11:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions